Scenically tucked in between Lake Champlain and the Winooski River, Burlington International Airport (KBTV) is the home of the Vermont Flight Academy (VFA). The Vermont Flight Academy Facebook page announces each new pilot as they earn their wings, showing the success and pride of this nonprofit 501(c)(3) flight school.
The Vermont Flight Academy is the sole flight school in the state to instruct under FAA approved Part 141 rules and also instructs under Part 61. The facility has 16 aircraft from single piston trainers to tailwheel instruction. Also provided is seaplane instruction including the multi-engine seaplane rating in their Twin Sea Bee. For the bad weather days and for the aviator on a budget, the academy also has four FAA approved simulators on site, to include the full motion Redbird Simulator.
Vermont Flight Academy has partnered up with Vermont Technical College to offer a Bachelor of Science (BS) in professional pilot technology. Upon completing this four year degree, students will have logged around 250 hours of flight time and have become Certified Flight Instructors (CFI). Started in 2012, the partnership between Vermont Flight Academy and Vermont Technical College has prepared many pilots for takeoff into a career in aviation.
The instructors and Vermont Flight Academy will provide a check out in each new make and model aircraft a pilot may rent. Along with this routine check out, non-owned aircraft insurance, also known as renters insurance, is required. VFA recommends the minimum coverage listed below:
- $250,000 for Non-Owned Bodily Injury and Property Damage Excluding Loss of Use of Non-Owned Aircraft
- $1,000 for medical
- $25,000 for Non-Owned Physical Damage Liability Including Loss of Use of Non-Owned AircraftFlight School InsuranceAbout Vermont Flight AcademyTo find out more about insuring your aircraft or flight school please contact Aviation Insurance Resources by calling 301-682-6200 or visit AIR-PROS.com today to request your aviation insurance quote online!
- You can also follow AIR on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+.
- As a student or renter at Vermont Flight Academy you will experience firsthand that their dedication to their students’ success is sky high. They are located in Burlington, VT and open seven days a week from 9AM to 5PM and by appointment. You can visit them online at www.flyvfa.org or call (802) 863-5988.
- Since the inception of Vermont Flight Academy, Aviation Insurance Resources (AIR) has been dedicated to providing VFA with the broadest insurance coverage at the best rates available. Airport General Liability Insurance, Hangar and Contents Insurance, Workers Compensation Insurance, D&O Insurance and maybe even Airshow Insurance are just some of the needs a flight school have on their list. Before the list gets too overwhelming, give the aviation insurance experts at Aviation Insurances Resources (AIR) a call.
- This insurance policy can be purchased quickly and easily online at a premium of only $314 annually. Insurance discounts are available for claim free individuals as well as for those that have completed a Wings level or the OpenAirplane checkout.