If you are a private aircraft owner or operate a commercial aviation business, then you have a responsibility to equip your aircraft with proper aviation insurance coverage. With a range of policies available, aviation insurance is not a one-size fits all solution.
If you are looking to get the most from your aviation insurance policy, then working with an aviation insurance specialist is the best way to ensure that you get the comprehensive coverage you deserve.
While working with an agent is the best way to get what you need, it is also important to understand your policy, which is why we are sharing this brief list of the most common aviation insurance acronyms for your reference:
- NIM (Not in Motion) – NIM is a type of deductible that applies when your aircraft is damaged when not in motion.
- IM (In Motion) – This deductible applies when your aircraft is damaged while flying or taxiing.
- RIM (Rotors in Motion) – RIM is the same as IM, but for helicopters.
- TT (Total Time) – TT is the sum of the pilot’s flight time logged in all categories (Pilot in Command, Solo, Second in Command, Simulated/Actual Instrument, etc.)
- MM (Make and Model) – MM refers to the make and model of the aircraft in question.
- RG (Retractable Gear) – RG refers to the retractable gear aircraft.
- ME (Multi Engine) – A multi engine, abbreviated to ME.
- TW (Tail Wheel) – Tail wheel, referred to as TW, is a common policy abbreviation, also referred to as conventional gear.
At Aviation Insurance Resources, we are proud to offer a wide range of aviation insurance policies to all 50 states. Providing aviation insurance and products to clients of all sizes, we work with you to find the ideal coverage that matches your needs and exceeds your expectations. Not captive to a single aviation insurance carrier, we represent all of the top aviation insurance markets, enabling us to offer you the comprehensive protection you require at a price you deserve.
In addition to offering you the most practical aviation coverage, we are dedicated to providing our clients unparalleled customer service. When you choose Aviation Insurance Resources you are more than a client, you are a part of the family! Get in touch with us today to get a quote on aviation insurance coverage.