Christopher Wolbert, Regional Vice President of AIR completed his instrument rating in a Mooney twenty years ago. Despite the time that has passed, Mooney aircraft remain one of his favorite aircraft manufacturers.
“Until that point, I had completed most of my pilot training in Cessna Aircraft. The Mooney was a new and exciting experience. The aircraft’s additional speed combined with instrument training made my training challenging, but rewarding.” Chris remembers.
Founded in 1929 by Al Mooney in Wichita, Kansas, the Mooney Airplane Company has carved its place in aviation history because of its dedication to performance and innovation. Mooney has always focused on producing the highest-performing, safest and most efficient aircraft on the market. It is this focus that has allowed Mooney to set several aviation records, including:
- First pressurized single-engine, piston-powered aircraft (M22 Mustang).
- Fastest transcontinental flight in a single-engine, piston-powered production aircraft (M20K 231).
- First production aircraft to achieve 200 mph on 200HP (M20J 201).
- Several altitude records (M20K 231).
- First single-engine, power-control certified (FADEC) in the U.S. (M20L Porsche).
- Fastest piston-powered aircraft currently in production (M20M DX single).
- First single-engine aircraft certified for flight into known icing conditions (M20M DX w/TKS anti-icing system).
- More than 130 world speed records.
- First single-engine retractable to achieve 237 KTS (M20).
- And More!
Mooney aircraft combine legendary speed, robust rate-of-climb, rock-solid safety and security, innovative technology, hand-built precision craftsmanship, and unmatched value.
The Mooney Airplane Company – which has delivered more than 11,000 aircraft worldwide, a fleet that has amassed more than 40 million hours of flight – currently sells three models of the M20: Ovation2 GX, Ovation3 and Acclaim.
Mooney Aircraft Insurance from Aviation Insurance Resources
Aviation Insurance Resources, also known by the acronym AIR, represents all of the major aviation insurance markets, which allows us to offer the broadest package of protection at the best available rates. AIR provides a wide range of aircraft insurance options for aircraft of all makes and models, from Cessna Aircraft to Robinson Helicopters to Piper Cubs to, of course, Mooney aircraft, like the Ovation2 GX, Ovation3 and Acclaim.
AIR is licensed in all 50 states. Click Here for a FREE Aircraft Insurance Quote!
To find out more about Mooney Aircraft Insurance, please contact Aviation Insurance Resources by calling 877-247-7767 or visit AIR-PROS.com today to receive your free Aircraft insurance quote! You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Google+.